Homepage » News » Careers Week 2015
Careers Week 2015
Posted: Monday 29th June 2015
Our Careers Week 2015 has got off to a fantastic start for Key Stage 4 and 6th Form student!
A wide variety of activities were planned for students with the aim of helping them become more independent or consider the skills they needed to develop to become employable for the future.
Today’s activities included:
- A Mechanics workshop delivered by Auto Skills. This was an opportunity for some students to get their hands dirty but taking a part a car and investigating the component parts. At the end of the session, the students were able to put the car back together!
- St Johns Ambulance delivered a 2 hour First Aid course. At the moment, we don’t know who passed the course but we are hoping that all students did so with flying colours
- ‘The Flourish And Nourish Foundation Limited’ delivered a Wellbeing Workshop. This workshop focused on developing students’ self-esteem and confidence, which was a great way to prepare for the mock-interviews some students will be having tomorrow
- Another workshop was focused on Business Enterprise. This group of students had decided to plan, organise and deliver an afternoon tea for local residents
- Life Skills workshop focused on developing the student’s practical skills which we take for granted. Everyone did a great job and thoroughly enjoyed learning new skills
Watch this space for more information about Careers Week 2015!