Important information as of 20th March 2020
- Brookfields School will be closed for 1 day to all children on Monday 23rd March 2020
- Brookfields School will be open from Tuesday 24th March 2020 to Friday 3rd April 2020 to provide CARE for children of parents who are KEY WORKERS
- The school will be closed for the Easter Holiday
- We may be able to open again on Monday 20th April but this will be dependent on government advice
- We will NOT be opening as an educational provision
I would like to thank our families for the support shown at this very difficult and challenging time for us all. We have endeavoured to keep Brookfields School running as best we can but the pressures have meant that we have had to change what we are able to do and offer.
Our priority continues to be the health, safety and wellbeing of all our pupils and staff.
The school’s Senior Leadership Team have had detailed discussions with West Berkshire LA and also the Head Teachers from our partner BASS schools. As a result, we have drawn up a workable plan for the school, which is based on the most up to date information from the government.
Brookfields will opening from Tuesday 23rd of March until Friday 3rd of April. We will NOT be open on Monday 22nd March, as we will use this time to prepare.
We will be providing temporary Child Care from 23rd March to 3rd April for parents who are KEY WORKERS and if capacity allows other identified groups. Although all our pupils have EHCPs we will not be able to provide support for all 235 pupils.
We have communicated with our families and have asked parents to identify the Key Work they do letting us know by 9.00am on Monday 23rd March 2020 via a specific email address. We will be letting families know whether we will be able to offer their child a place by 4.00pm on Monday 23rd March 2020
Parents should be aware that we do not yet know whether transport will be available for your child to get them to and from Brookfields School.
Parents should not send their child to Brookfields School unless they have been contacted directly to inform them that their child has a place.