Why Train With Us?
Berkshire Teaching Alliance (BTA) is a new Schools Direct Provider in the Reading and West Berkshire area. Across our alliance of schools, we have a proven track record of successfully training, and employing, teachers through working with other training providers. As BTA we are utilising all the expertise in our alliance in order to create our own unique teacher education programme.
Our lead school is an outstanding cross-phase special school and all of our partner schools are rated as outstanding or good so you will learn from our skilled practitioners.
We passionately believe in the ‘grow your own’ philosophy and we will be committed to you as a professional. When you train with BTA we will invest in your development and while we cannot guarantee a position at the end of your training course, we have a strong track record of employing our trainees. When you train with the BTA, we see you as our future. Our future teachers, our future colleagues and our future leaders in the organisation. We will see you as one of us.
Your training programme with BTA will have a strong focus on learning how to teach. As you will already have strong subject knowledge in your chosen area(s), we will ensure that you understand children’s developmental stages and that you understand how children and young people learn. Our training programme is practical and innovative making full use of evidence based teaching strategies. Uniquely, with BTA, you will experience teaching across several educational phases, preparing you for success in both mainstream and special settings. Our programme will give you the tools you need to do the job well so that you can meet the needs of all your students. We will ensure that you learn how to manage behaviour in your classroom; we combine all of our training with cutting edge evidence based research.
BTA has a strong moral compass which underpins everything that we do. We believe that every child, regardless of ability or background, can succeed.
If you feel this way too, then our programme will be the right course for you.
Choosing BTA as your training provider means that:
- You will become part of a community committed to one another and to achieving the best for every young person we care for.
- You will enjoy excellent facilities in which to learn, supporting your development as a practitioner.
- You will have opportunities to take part in a wide variety of Professional Development activities and access to our Learning Resource centre and Library.
- You will work with the highly regarded Oxford Brookes University as our partner provider.
- You will have the option to gain either Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) or a Post Graduate Certificate of Education as a recent graduate or career changer.
- You will, by the end of your training, assume a leading role in planning and delivering learning though you will not have sole responsibility for learners until you gain QTS.
- You will have a trained learning coach / mentor who will guide your learning and provide support and continuity across placements
- You will benefit from longer term placements in contrasting settings and phases; learning to become part of a team and developing your skills to a high level to become an effective teacher.
- You will learn how to reflect critically on your practice so that you are able to meet the needs of learners and progress quickly in your career.
We have both salaried and fee-funded primary places available.